Thursday, September 5, 2013

Color Palette Soap Challenge Entry


Most of the time I love to just come up with stuff, but some times I like to be told what to do!  :)  So this week I made a soap for the Color Palette Soap Challenge, hosted by The Bath Alchemy blog.  I had to create a soap using at least 3 colors from this challenge's palette, called "Beaded Bright."  You can see the palette and the entry info at this link, if you'd like to enter future challenges.

To channel the spirit of this contest, I used all of the colors and made a fun, irregular diagonal stripe in my signature pop shape.  This palette is nice and summery and here in San Diego it is definitely still summer!  I used my Soapylove Guava Shave Ice fragrance from the new Island Style Soap Colorant kit.  It's sweet and bright.  The warm pink tones in this palette make me think of Guava, so that worked for me!  Plus it's still a popsicle shape, so shave ice is just right!

This style has 9 layers so it's definitely too complex for my normal line (although some of my most complex designs are available in a new mini collection called PopDesign).

Today (9/9) is the first day people can post their entries, so I look forward to seeing how other people interpreted the challenge into soap!  May the best soap win! :)

4 comments:

Lori at The Nova Studio said...

Stunning soap! Good luck :)

thesoapmine said...

These are wonderful! Good luck for the challenge... I keep thinking I'll enter one day but I don't really have a great range of colourants to draw upon yet :0)

Anne-Marie said...

Love the colors that you picked, they are so crisp and clean in this soap! =)

Jenny said...

Your soap is gorgeous, Debbie, and the colors are fantastic! They match the palette perfectly. Best of luck in the challenge!