Hello! Welcome to the Soapylove blog! If you're here via Kin Community, welcome! This is the first of 8 videos I made with them, so make sure to subscribe and you won't miss a thing! :)
Here is the full recipe for the Exfoliating Soaps, with links to the supplies. I have also included a few more links to other soap projects you might enjoy. Have fun and enjoy your smoother, softer skin!
Supplies: (all can be found at www.BrambleBerry.com)
- White glycerin soap base (approximately 3 oz per bar)
- Exfoliants (oatmeal, coffee, ground luffa, seeds, corn meal, etc)
- Essential oil (I used Lavender and Orange oils in the video)
- Basic mold such as the Heavy Duty Round
- Cutting board, knife, pyrex cup.
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol (optional)
- Wrapping supplies (Shrink wrap, pretty paper, raffia)
Add ½ to 1 teaspoon of exfoliant. Add a few drops of essential oil.
Stir and stir until soap is starting to thicken and exfoliant neither sinks nor floats.
Pour into molds. Spray with rubbing alcohol to pop any bubbles.
Allow to harden at room temperature, then move to freezer for 10 more minutes.
Unmold by pulling sides of mold from soap, invert, and push out with thumbs.
Wrap in plastic wrap and tie.
If you enjoy this project, please check out more exfoliant soap tutorials in the Spring 2010 issue of Let's Get Soapy - my eZine just for melt and pour soap crafting, or in my book which has 24 full glycerin soap projects! Thanks!
(Don't forget to join my Soapylove fanpage for lots of fun updates on Soapylove classes and announcements, or head over to www.soapylove.com for everything under one roof!)