Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Ultimate Glycerin Soap Cliche




One of the old stand by's in glycerin soap making is the "toy in soap" concept. Usually it's a plastic bug or whatever in the middle of a clear or tinted bar of soap. The idea is that the kid will want to wash his/her hands to get the toy in the middle.

It's a great idea and totally unique to glycerin soap making, but it's just been done a million times and I really try to be original when I can, so until now I have avoided this design completely.

I figured if I'm going to do it, I need the toy to be a part of the design. Enter the Martian Soaps! I have these cool UFO soap molds and found the perfect little martian toys to put inside, so yesterday I finally made what I've had in my head for over a year. They came out cute, I think! I made 4 and they're all sold, so I guess people like them. If I get some more time, I'll make more.

My husband had a great idea for a toy-in-soap idea, too: a monster mold with things in his stomach you can see like brains or bugs or guts. I love that!

1 comment:

lisa {milkshake} said...

I got mine today and it's AWESOME! I don't know if I'll be able to hold off and give it as a gift ;)