Monday, March 24, 2008

Crap.


Ice Cream, originally uploaded by youknowlinzo.

It totally figures. I have known about the O Magazine thing for a LONG time and I've kept myself from announcing it on my blog until this last post, and what do you know? I just got an email saying it has been edited out.

I got every reassurance from the assistant editor that it was a sure thing, I got a message from the Beauty Director telling me to prepare myself for majorness since a full page in O Magazine is a very big deal... yadda yadda yadda.

So even though I'm tempted to just delete my last post, I won't. It just goes to show that things on life are so uncertain and it's hard to really count on anything that's not in your immediate control.

What can I say? I'm devastated. But I'm grateful the editor let me know as soon as she could so I could plan accordingly. Now I'm going to sit on the couch and cry.

Poo.

10 comments:

Shelley Ann Jones said...

That is a big huge bummer! Any chance they will spotlight you in a future issue? I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Heather@Twin Birch said...

That's just lousy. I'm bummed! Must mean there's something super-huge right around the corner! Your soap is amazing and beautiful!

Bridget said...

totally stinks, almost the same scenario happened to us a few years ago. The feeling of devastation is an understatement. I keep telling myself everything happens for a reason, hopefully something will turn up for you and O (and me too!) :)

Anonymous said...

Oh crap is right, well hopefully, fingers crossed it will still happen, but later.

Vanessa said...

Ugh, that sucks big time. I'm sure you're tired of people being all optimistic and all but at least they know about you and you're on their radar so that's a good thing! Take care!

Andrea said...

Ouch, that sucks! I guess it happens but it's understandable to feel down about it. Hopefully something bigger is around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just postponed. Remember, when one door closes another door opens.
Keep your chin up and I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear back from them soon.
Mori

Anne-Marie said...

It just means that they'll feel the loss in the magazine and want to have you on air, making soap with Oprah! =)

I agree with Mori; maybe this is just another window opening.

Jennifer Perkins said...

When one door closes another one opens right? Sucky news, I have had it happen to me too. Your soaps are so dang cute if they were on the radar of the editors at O Magazine I promise lots of other editors at other mags are just waiting for the right issue to include you!

ModernGear TV said...

Oh shoot!!!! Argh! I feel your pain. Do you know if they're going to run it in the future?