Saturday, November 22, 2008

Soapylove Workshops are a Hit!

Today I taught my second workshop ever, this time at Paper Tales in Point Loma. We made lotion, bath salts, and sugar scrubs. It was so much fun and everyone seemed really pleased with their creations! The store smelled wonderful when we were all done, and many people were asking when my next class would be - I couldn't ask for a better compliment! :)

Last weekend I taught my first workshop, which also included glycerin soaps. I was fortunate enough to have a huge clubhouse to work in with a kitchen, so we had a lot of space. I set up a table for each station. After that class I was a little concerned that using one family size table at Paper Tales would be too small, but was happy to find that the workshop can work in both large and small spaces!

I would love to continue teaching so if you live in Southern California and would like to host a workshop at your store, home, school, or workplace, please consider a bath & body workshop! It is easy and fun, and even people who are self-declared "not creative" have a great time and love what they make (believe me, my Mom is #1 tough cookie in that department and was surprised by how much she enjoyed making sugar scrubs!).

The classes are great for fundraisers, private parties, bridal showers, birthdays for kids or grown ups, work teambuilding events, etc. There are many fun projects to choose from and even ingredients can be selected to fit a theme. I bring all of the supplies - you just provide a space. Even a back yard would be a great location!

Contact me for more info, and keep reading the Daily Ditties for announcements about future classes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Pics are colorful too. Almost works of art themselves!

Michelle said...

I love the set-up, looks like everyone was having a blast. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks great. I'm about to teach my first class on bath bomb and lip balm making in a couple of weeks and can't wait. Hope my class is as successful as yours!

Carrie Garvin said...

I sure wish there were some workshops in my area. Your shops look sooooooooo much fun~ I'll love to see your creativity in person...

Happy Turkey Day!