Friday, December 5, 2008

Feeling the Holiday Spirit Around Here!

Since moving back to San Diego 4 1/2 years ago, I just haven't had much of the Christmas decorating spirit. I love getting gifts for people and stuff - I'm not a scrooge, but we have a small place and decorations just feel like clutter.

But now that my son is 3, he is getting me back into it. And this year, my husband is donating some Acupuncture treatments for a local restaurant's fund raiser and needed a wreath made to go along with the gift cards.

In true Soapylove spirit, I went at the project (hubby entrusted the task to me) with color and sparkle! Here is a picture of the wreath. It has yummy Sweet Tart candy canes on it, rainbow lights, and iridescent garland. I might squeeze some soapsicles on it, too, but I kind of like it the way it is.

Tomorrow I have to say goodbye to this frothy thing on my door, but at least I have a picture! And in the end, I don't have to store it, so YAY! :)

6 comments:

Tammy said...

OH Debbie, that is just adorable. So whimsical, I love it. We are in Ohio and have lots of storage so we go a bit overboard with the decorating. I admire your uncluttered Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Hoo-eee, now that's a wreath! LOL!

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Wow Debbie! You just have creativity bursting out of you!

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty!

We have no storage space, so we don't do much decorating either.

Pajama Mama said...

Your wreath is DARLING!!!!! Good job!

We decorate BIG down here in the south...I guess if we didn't have an attic, it'd be a diff story...

barbe said...

yup us space starved Californians gotta make do and decorate what we can!

Is your hubby an acupuncturist? I use to be Rick Gold's assistant at his clinic in SD when we were living down there.