Monday, January 19, 2009

Soapylove Helps Explain Methane on Mars!

This morning I was pleasantly surprised to see "Soapylove" found in a Google alert (which is an automatic search function that tells you whenever your search criteria is found on the internet). Strangely, it came from Discover Magazine's blog. I clicked right over to check it out and found my little glow-in-the-dark alien soap picture on a portapotty!

As my husband can tell you, I'm the farthest thing from a scientist you can get. But I guess the scientist who wrote this article was trying to make a point about the existence of methane on Mars and needed a visual tool. Since I made all of my non-soapsicle photos available for use under Creative Commons, he was able to use my little alien for his funny picture. And he gave me credit which is so nice!

If you would like to see the original photo of this alien soap (which has cool glow-in-the-dark eyes), or learn how to make it, check out the original tutorial on The Soap Queen Blog. Have fun!

(For more super fun soap projects, make sure to check out Let's Get Soapy - the first eZine dedicated exclusively to melt and pour soap crafting!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!! I love it! I'm a scientist at heart, but have not the brains for it, so I think this little item is soooo cool!