Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sun Basil Garden is Feeling the Love!

Yesterday I was browsing on Etsy and found an adorable set of Easter egg soaps from my fellow glcyerin soaper, Lauren of Sun Basil Garden! I recognized the technique from the Summer issue of Let's Get Soapy and wrote to let her know I loved her dotty eggs. She wrote back and said

You like?
I have only begun to polka dot!!!!
Love the new technique...fun to have something new.
Thanks! - Lauren :)
She even said she has some more soaps coming out using the Dotty Soap Technique that will be Peonies. I can't wait to see them!

To check out this easy and fun technique which leaves a lot of room for your own creativity, check out the newest issue of Let's Get Soapy! You may find fresh inspiration as well!

6 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Huge fan of Sun Basil's soap designs. In fact, I just bought 4 or 5 of her bars off of Etsy in the last four weeks. They are very creative and always on-trend.

Sunbasilgarden said...

Debbie- I'm in polka dot love for sure! Thanks for checking them out and I'm loving the new "Let's Get Soapy!" You have explained techinques so well and it has the right dash of fun for all levels of soapers. Keep up the good work :)

Sheila said...

I'm a big fan of Sun Basil Garden's soaps as well! This post reminded me to get my copy of Let's Get Soapy! I'm reading it now!

Brigette said...

Those are very cute.

Anonymous said...

I just got my copy of soapylove & have read it cover to cover. Is let's get soapy something entirely different or are the same tips/techniques in both?

Unknown said...

Hi Soap Store!
Thanks for getting my book, and I'm so glad you like it!

Regarding the eZine, all techniques and projects are different from the book. I never repeat projects so that all Soapyfans will keep getting fresh inspiration! I hope you will check out a copy.

Thanks again!