Monday, March 15, 2010

Hugs and Kisses From Around the World!

Recently my Typography Soap was the lucky winner in the "Innovative Design" category of the Handmade Olympics.  Along with that wonderful title came gift certificates from 3 amazing Etsy shops!

First was from Theme Fragrance based in Brooklyn, New York (Brooklyn is definitely where it's at these days!).  I ordered the Mini Spray Perfumes Set and the Keep Calm and Spray (or Carry) On Set. Not being a fragrance wearer (I'm still reeling from the gag-worthy colognes that guys in high school used to wear), I was really interested to try some all natural fragrances.  I am delighted to say that I LOVE Theme's scents.  They're all very pleasant and uplifting!  Check out their fragrance line as well as some beautiful soaps and lip balms!

Next I headed over to Michele Maule from Portland (also coolness central).  Being a WAHM with 2 kids, I rarely treat myself to art.  I couldn't have been more lucky than to get to shop from Michele.  Her paintings and artwork have soft, soothing colors but have great modern themes like typewriters and city scapes.  I chose 2 subjects that dominate my life - time flying and coffee.  They're perfect for me and I can't wait to put them up in my house!  

Finally I went to Papermode from Paris (need I say more?).  This incredibly creative collection of accessories and jewelry feature her intricately folded paperwork.  It was so difficult to pick from so many fabulous designs!  At last I chose some really cool dangles and some edgy earwires.  They are truly as amazing in person as they are in her photos, and she went above and beyond in her very special packaging.  You could feel the love pouring out of the envelope!

Thanks so much to Rik Rak Studios for hosting the Handmade Olympics and to the wonderful shops that spoiled me rotten!  I am so flattered and grateful.  xoxo!