Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back to my Roots

Running a business is hard (both my husband and I are self employed).  Being a mother of 2 kids and depending on my little business is even harder.  It's so hard to know what to do. One day I dream of having an office and a large workshop, and the next day I fantasize about traveling to amazing indie craft fairs and keeping things tiny and personal. 

1 1/2 years ago I put my Etsy shop on a very long vacation.  I didn't have any help with the kids at that time and the task of managing it was too much.  Instead of making soaps to sell, I switched to writing and publishing my eZine in addition to blogging here and at The Soap Queen.  But you know what?  I put A LOT of pressure on myself and that has created a new set of challenges. 

So now that things at home are much more under control and my desire to make soaps just for fun is coming back with a vengeance, I have reopened my Etsy shop.  The thrill of making sales is just as exciting as it was 4 years ago when I first signed up. 

Just like in the past, you will find my Soapy Pops as well as my little experiments which are ever changing.  Check it out and if you see something you like, help a mom out!  My soapy spirit will be rewarded and your soap dish will be, too.  Thanks so much!!