Monday, December 13, 2010

Great Soap Packaging Tip - Printed Tape!

Hi everybody!  I have been meaning to post about printed tape for weeks now, but you know how it is as the holidays approach - busy busy!  So today I stumbled upon TapeSwell, an amazing shop where you can find printed tape, labels, coordinating combo packs... all in gorgeous patterns. 

What is so great about this stuff is that they have the look of ribbon with the polish of a professionally printed label, so your soaps will look amazing in a snap!  Whether you wrap it around a shrink wrapped bar or around a soap box, you will be so impressed by how "jazzed up" your packaging looks.  TapeSwell even has a "Tacky Ideas" page for inspiration.

If you like super sweet designs like I do, check out KawaiiYa which has all Kawaii style printed tapes (called "deco tape" in the Japanese stationery world).

For a sophisticated look, try washi tape, which is a beautiful paper tape (like masking tape) that you can tear.  It has a matte look and feel instead of glossy like the above tapes.  Cute Tape has an awesome selection, and an incredible gallery of customer photos. 

Feel like going on a Google adventure?  Try these searches to discover the world of pretty tape:

Deco Tape
Decorative Tape
Washi Tape
Printed Tape
Kawaii Tape
MT Masking Tape

Have fun!
(Psst!  Still looking for some super cute gifts?  Check out the new Soapylove gift sets with Soapy Pops and matching Mini Bath Bombs!  Super new and super awesome!)

5 comments:

The Soap Sister said...

Wow, thanks for the tip! I've seen printed duct tape, but never anything like this! ~Becky

Donna Maria @ Indie Business said...

What a great tip, Debbie! Thanks for sharing something so easy for anyone to do. My very crafty daughter will love this. I think they make a great stocking stuffer and a fun way for her to decorate her room. Thanks for sharing!

Natural Aroma Handmade Soaps said...

Thanks for the tip, they look wonderful! I've never even heard of it before, it really dresses them up and makes them look really special.

Milk and Cookeez said...

I have some Washi Tape, I love it. I use it for everything & anything. I no longer look for invisible tape, I LOVe the look of pretty tape. I also package my shipping boxes with printed packaging tape. Its a great way to color up a boring white USPS Priority box :)

Homemade Glycerin Soaps said...

My daughter and I just started our own melt and pour soap business and have been wrapping our soaps with raffia. These tapes are a wonderful idea for our soaps. I can't wait to tell her!