Friday, November 26, 2010

Have a Fun Weekend!


Hi everyone!  I hope you all had great Thanksgiving dinners with your friends and families, and have plenty of left overs to save you from cooking for the weekend!  We live near both sides of the family, so we did Turkey Day at with my in-laws yesterday and will do a big "Lavigna" dinner tomorrow (my side). 

Today I've been entertaining the kids while my poor husband nurses a horrible sinus infection.  I dug up a good Christmas craft recipe for Cinnamon Ornaments.  It's really fun and surprisingly cheap to buy 1 cup of cinnamon (about $2 at the grocery store). It's a nice way to kick off the holiday season!

Click here for the recipe if you're looking for something to do.  We used the last recipe and now I'm baking them in the oven at 200 degrees for 2 1/2 hours to dry them out. 

Have a nice relaxing weekend and I'll "see" you next week!  :)

8 comments:

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

I totally forgot about making those when I was a kid. That was always fun!

Natalia - EnJabonArte said...

ohhh so pretty kids! :)
Have a Nice weekend too!
-Natalia

Erin Pikor said...

That is such a cute picture of the kids! It sounds like a fun project - hope you are having a great holiday weekend!

Rachel K. Lincoln said...

SOO CUTE!!! I just love Althea's apron, what a big girl! and Sequoia has just grown up so fast into an adorable little man! Looks like you all had fun making the ornaments...do you decorate them afterwards?

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!

Rachel, thank you! We did not decorate them - we'll just tie ribbons on for hangers. Unfortunately I didn't put them on parchment so some stuck and chipped after they were baked, but they're still really cute!

Unknown said...

The kids look SO cute and helpful - love those aprons! Hope J is feeling better well, and we will look forward to seeing you soon, once the dust from moving settles :)

Elea said...

Oh what a sweet picture! Super cute. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too. P.S. I absolutely love the new book! Thank you, again.

Anne-Marie said...

Cutest. Kids. Ever.

And obviously, fantastic little helpers too. =)