Monday, April 11, 2011

MP Challenge! Soapy Battenburg Cake!


I am a huge fan of baking blogs. There is so much inspiration to be had, and delicious treats to tempt me! Today I saw the most wonderful cakey confection on Sprinkle Bakes - a Battenburg Cake! Better yet - it's a full tutorial. So for the bakers out there, check out the full post here. Sprinkle Bakes: Spring Battenburg Cake

For the MP soapmakers out there, check it out and then get ready for a challenge!

This is the first ever Soapylove challenge. I would like to see YOU try your hand at a glycerin soap version of this stunning cake, then go to my Facebook fan page and post a photo of your entry. This is based completely on looks - so take your best photo! I will judge the entries (and consult with some of my soapmaking friends) and pick a winner on Tuesday, 4/19. That gives you the weekend to give it your best shot! I have a fun prize to send you, and it's not soap! :)

I can't wait to see your entries, and if you don't want to enter please come over and check them out. I know this will be a lot of fun!

Now go get soaping!

5 comments:

keri said...

love it! game on.

Holly said...

It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with! I've already seen it done with cold process by Karen of Eden's Secret.

Rachel K. Lincoln said...

ohhhhh, how fun!! Can't wait to see all the pictures!! I don't make soap, but I love to admire it ;)

Donna Maria @ Indie Business said...

There you go again, being fabulous. If I didn't know I was looking at a computer, I'd try to bit one of those "cakes" in the graphic here!

Anonymous said...

Aw! I'm so bummed I missed this! I hope you will be having more challenges?! :)