Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Little Sneak Peek

I haven't talked about it much, but I am currently working on a Soapylove "how-to" book about glycerin soap crafting with North Light Books. It will be published in Fall 2009 (yes, in over a year!), and I'm writing the projects right now. There will be 24 main projects and 12 variations. All of the techniques need to be really dialed in so you all can do them in your kitchens easily, too (that's the goal, at least! Gulp!).

Here's a sneak peek of one technique which is like making your own molds. What's extra fun about this one is that it's suitable for CP soap making, too! I have another surface design I still need to try but I'm out of soap. Gotta fix that!

I'll be going to Cincinnati for a week in August for the photo shoot of all the steps. I'll need to bring some finished soaps and step outs with me, so I'll be making quite a bit of soap over the next 2 months to get ready. I'm sure I'll have more pictures!

5 comments:

Armi said...

I'm looking forward to your book, Debbie. I'll be one of the first in line to buy one. I think that the tutorials you already sell are great (I have all 5 of the ones currently available)- the instructions are really easy to understand/follow. I'm just getting all my materials together now so that I can try making the alien soap. *Gasp* I can't wait to learn how to make a mold too. LOL!:)

Suds to Love said...

No soap? That's a huge problem! What happens if the mood strikes to play? You have to wait for soap...

Linda Nigro said...

Hi Debbie
thanks so much for your wonderful words about my store. It's a work in progress. I love this soap it's so cute. I love making soap and thinking of new ways to make it look. I also love to find others who feel the same way. Again thanks
Linda

Alexa said...

that's awesome. I'll have to check out your book :) Do you know Margot? So are you going up there to hand shots and such? I know this process all too well. I have to do them all the time (photograph and do the hand shot itself sometimes at the same time) at my work!

Brandy said...

Congrats on your own book! I'm so excited for you. I'll definitely keep my ears and eyes open to learn more about it so I can pick up a copy for myself.

I hope you are doing well. I haven't talked to you in forever, but I still check into your shop to see what's new. I definitely have your blog bookmarked.