Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Sweetest Soaps I've Ever Seen

Daily Ditties readers know about Erin, my great helper and one-woman-show behind Naiad Soap Arts. This weekend when she came over, she treated me to her newest soapy creation - French Macaron Soaps!

Erin and I have discussed how to create a soap version of these beautiful European cookies which are somehow impossible to find in San Diego. There is a flickr group dedicated entirely to them. Macarons come in many varieties and it takes lots of love and practice to master the techniques needed to make them (so I've read!). On Friday, inspiration and the perfect method struck Erin and she made them at 1 in the morning!

You can get your very own soap Macarons in Erin's shop. She offers a boxed version if you get 2 or a beautifully wrapped paper soap if you get one. Wouldn't they make gorgeous wedding or bridal shower favors!? So elegant!

If the listing has been sold, you can convo her to relist them. They are generously sized and smell amazing! Perfect for a guest bathroom! Can you tell I'm smitten?!

1 comment:

Installment Loans said...

These are great soaps. I collect beautiful soaps. I have soaps from all around the world.