Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tag! I'm it! 10 Things I Love About Being Indie.


I just got tagged by a Heather of Twin Birch Soaps as part of the Indie Beauty Blog Tag Party. I'm supposed to list 10 things I love about being indie. That's easy! Here I go, counting down...

10. Making my own hours. Although it seems like my kids are in charge of that.
9. Working with lots of friends. Since my business is online, I'm constantly chatting and networking with people online and it's so nice!
8. Not having to deal with corporate protocol or office gossip. I had 10 years of that and I'm happy to take a looooong break.
7. No rush hour! Man, that is wonderful (but I miss NPR a little).
6. Saving tons of money on lunches and cafe coffee.
5. Not stressing about being late to pick up my kids from day care. I think I got a few gray hairs from that when I was working full time. So hectic!
4. Spending so much more time with my family than I ever have before. What a luxury!
3. Not having to worry about being laid off. The pressure's all on me, and that's okay!
2. Running my business any way I want to.
1. Being able to pursue my passion. I am SO grateful to be able to do this - and it's all because of you. Thank you!!

BTW, that picture up there is what I saw when I walked in the door on my last day of work. I was going on maternity leave and I knew I was never going back. Those sunflowers symbolize a big step for me and my family. Having my husband's complete support helped me be brave enough to leave the security of a paycheck and see what Soapylove had in store. Of course, things don't always go according to plan, and things are pretty lean, but we're making it!

Thank you Heather for tagging me. It's always a good exercise to count your blessings. Maybe next year I'll be able to write the "10 Things I Love About Being Insanely Wealthy." LOL. Yeah right!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Great ones! I'm still in traffic (w/NPR)but one day I hope to commute to the kitchen table. You have TONS of talent...it won't be long before major success knocks on your door.

Anne-Marie said...

Aw, sweet. Reading about your husband's complete support of you and your business is absolutely heart warming. You are a lucky lady. =)

Tammy said...

Oh Debbie, you are already a millionaire in my book!

Christine said...

I love how positive you are. :) You're inspiring. Keep it up!

Heather@Twin Birch said...

those sunflowers are so pretty! I'm really sure that you will be able to write about being insanely wealthy. You're a bubble rock star!