Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Have You Heard of Peter Paiva?!

I just caught wind of an incredible company and soap artist in Brazil named "Peter Paiva." I thought I loved color and sweet themes, but wait until you see the amazing glycerin soap creations he makes!!

Brazilians seem to be big fans of glycerin soap crafting. I've seen awesome soaps from Brazil in the Teach Soap gallery, on Flickr, and elsewhere online, but I'm really surprised I haven't heard of Peter Paiva before now. He is quite a personality and looks like a big celebrity, too, considering his major line up of TV and radio appearances scheduled for the rest of the year (under "Agenda")! It's really inspiring! It looks like he has a book, too, but my website translator seems to be blocking the link.

Anyway, head over to Peter Paiva and check out the "Portifolio" link on top, then the "Produtos de Banho" tab. You'll be glad you did!

8 comments:

Joan McCoy said...

What fun and inspirational soaps!! The colors are fantastic and I bet they smell great too. Thanks for sharing.

Tammy said...

WOW, I am just dying for a chocolate orange right now-thanks for the great find!

Anne-Marie said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for this awesome find!!!

martha tavares guedes said...

hi debbie! long time don´t talk to you...
as a brazilian soapmaster, I wanna thank you once again, for your kindness with our job down here...
peter paiva is no doubt about that, a great glycerin designer, as he himself called his professional performance. he had built such awesome path during past 7 years, included with lectures all over the country. monica ohtani is one of his students, althought she now is developing her own style, check it out on FLickr, too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soapop/
cheers! all the best! happy soaping time!

Samantha @ Nepenthe's Bathtime said...

Wow! How inspiring! Some made my mouth water...lol

Unknown said...

Peter Paiva, besides being a great glycerin designer, he is also a lovely and friendly person. His creations have being inspirations for other professionals in the last years. I'll let him know about your beautiful job.
Thank you for your attention and affection for our work in Brazil!

Desert Soapstone said...

Wow! Thanks for the post. I love his work. I am so glad he is catching on. Wonder if he's on Etsy?

Unknown said...

Hi,
I'm a brazilian living in Northern Ireland and guess what? Peter was my teacher in soap making two years ago. he is incredibly creative, lovely and a amazing business man. He is so kind and totaly not afraid of passing on his knowledge. Thanks to him we are starting our own business in soap making (called Scent Cosmetics) and our mean market has been the US through ETSY. Thank you for sharing his talent with others because he does desearves the attention. He also supply great raw material. All the best.