Monday, July 13, 2009

Check Out My New Book!!

On Saturday I received a wonderful surprise on my doorstep - 2 copies of the new Soapylove book! It's the first time I've seen it done and I'm really excited!! Here are some sneak peeks.

First, this is the chapter intro page for Unusual Tools and Materials, where I show how to use things from other crafts to create truly unique soaps. The projects you see are Waffle Hearts, Candy Soaps, Wood Grain Soaps, and Crop Circles Soaps. There are more projects that aren't pictured here, too.


Next is a picture from the "Cutwork" chapter. Here are the Star Bars and the Candy Bars. I just LOVE how clear and bright all of the step by step photos are. Every tutorial has lots of photos and tons of extra pointers.

Finally, here is the "glam shot" for the Neapolitan Soapsicle tutorial. It's in the "Using Molds Creatively" chapter. I've never taught this style before, so you won't want to miss it! Isn't that display idea cute? The designers at North Light Press did an amazing job!!

There are so many other pages and chapters I would love to show you, but you'll have to see for yourself. The book is being printed and is available for prebuy (at a killer price) on Amazon right now. Once I get some copies I'll have some available here on my blog, too.

If you are a shop owner and would like to carry my book, please call F+W Publications at (800) 289-0963 for sale information.

Thanks so much everyone for your enthusiasm - I have really needed it over the last 2 years while this book was in the making! I hope you like the results!! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, congratulations. This book is a work of art for me, so I want to welcome you soon. Ana

Unknown said...

Such great photos! Need to go reserve my copy--congratulations on a beautiful job, Debbie!

Erin said...

I so can't wait for mine to get here! The soap box was amazing - thank you. :)

~Erin

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful. I'm even more excited to get my copy now(which I have already pre-ordered)!

Brigette said...

The pictures look amazing. I have my copy reserved. I look forward to getting it. Congratulations on your book.

Tammy said...

That looks fantastic! The pictures are just beautiful.
A much better find than a cute UPS man on your doorstep.

Splurge Sisters said...

Not sure it this was already posted. Congrats on your book coming out. I wish the Amazon option to view inside the book was available. That way I could see the table of contents and see what styles will be covered.

Amy said...

Just pre-ordered! Looking forward to it, and congrats!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, i preordered a month ago and i am waiting... come on come on!! LOL

Sunbasilgarden said...

Oh Debbie- It looks divine! So exciting. Can't wait to pick up one for my own self. Congrats - Lauren :)