Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Soapylove Spotted on Martha Stewart - sort of :)

I just got a call from my friend, Alison, who DVR's the Martha Stewart Show. She said, "Debbie! I just saw your soaps on Martha Stewart!!" I was like, OH MY GOD (channeling my inner valley girl, in true Soapylove fashion)!

So it turns out that Robert Mahar of Mahar Drygoods was recently a guest on Martha, showing how to make awesome Sock Skeletons (episode is available to view online, where I got the above image).

Interestingly, Robert was my first ever wholesale customer. He found me on Etsy, and I had to come up with wholesale pricing FAST because I had never given it any thought before! He was a customer for a couple of years and has now sold out of most of my soaps. But luckily Martha got a screenshot of his site, with my soaps included, before that time! :)

If you'd like to read about his awesome experience as a guest on her show, click here. Either way, you should definitely know about his awesome store for your next truly special gift for the little person in your life!

4 comments:

Luster Canyon said...

That is so cool! You should be giddy and proud.

Miranda Andrews said...

Doesn't it feel GREAT to get exposure when you least expect it?!! :D (wink wink)

Anne-Marie said...

SoapyLove and Martha go together like Ice Cream and Summer. I know one day that we'll see your projects OR your finished Soap Pops on Martha with you in tow. =)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Luster Canyon and Miranda!

Anne-Marie - your lips to god's ears!!