Sunday, January 17, 2010

Great Time at Soapies Supplies!


Yesterday I taught the All Day Melt and Pour Boot Camp at Soapies Supplies in Scottsdale, Arizona.  We had a great time and made lots of soap!

I drove to Scottsdale Friday afternoon through the impressive desert.  Kelley - the owner of Soapies - and her husband, Bronson, were wonderful hosts and even let me stay the night at their beautiful home.  I got to meet their adorable new grandbabies (teeny little Chihuahuas), too!

The next day we got up and got ready for a fun, all day class.  We had 6 great students who traveled from as far away as Las Vegas!  Jackie was my TA and she helped me melt lots of soap base and lend a hand whenever needed.  In the class we covered almost every topic imaginable: kinds of soap bases, fragrances, colorants, melting temperatures, types of molds, using unusual tools from other crafts, and lots lots more.

There were 4 separate projects ranging from transfer sheets to engraving.  I was really impressed by everyone's enthusiasm and excellent questions.  Having 6 hours of work time allowed us to carefully go over all of the steps, and I was able to give lots of one-on-one attention, too.

I truly love teaching and being able to talk about soap crafting all day!  It's a rare treat!  If you would like to host a class at your home or shop, please email me for more information.  There are many options in topics and class size and length.  I hope to hear from you soon!