Friday, August 13, 2010

Sweet Treats Inspiration!

I don't know about you, but I have been eating a lot of ice cream lately!  There seems to be a never ending rotation of yummy creaminess in my freezer: mint chip, strawberry, triple chocolate, french vanilla...  Of course these all make excellent soap project inspirations, so today I'm featuring Soapylove projects using the Sweet Treats Colorant Kit, available from Bramble Berry.  The colors are deelish, and the jumbo Rainbow Sprinkle jojoba beads are icing on the cake - I mean, ice cream!  (To check out all of the supplies featured in this post, click here to be taken to Bramble Berry's Soapylove shop!)

This is one of my favorite Soapylove molds - the Double Scoop Ice Cream Cone.  It has so many creative possibilities!  Switch out colors and "mix ins" like poppy seeds or soap shavings for realistic ice cream flavors.  Of course, the Chocolate Fudge fragrance from the Delectable Desserts Fragrance Kit is a must! Click here for project tutorial.

Who can resist ice cream sandwiches?  The scalloped rectangle mold is great for both ice cream sandwich and layered cookie looks.  These two styles can be made with just the Sweet Treats Colorant Kit!  Click here to go to the tutorial.

It's fun to be inspired by ice cream but not necessarily use it literally.  Neapolitan colors are classic and always look great together!  These Checkered Heart Soaps have raised squares which make it a cinch to create perfect checkers.  And since the Sweet Treats Colorants are all non-bleeding, you know that the checkers will be as sharp as the day you made them!  Click here for the step-by-step project.


And here are even more.  You can see how versatile the set is.  Cuteness is guaranteed!  Enjoy!

1) Hot Chocolate Loaf Soaps: found in the Winter 2009 issue of Let's Get Soapy.  Click here.
2) Romantic Embossed Soaps: found on my blog. Click here.
3) Fluffy Frosted Soapy Cupcakes: from the Soap Queen blog.  Click here.
4) S'More Soaps with whipped soap marshmallow filling: found in the Summer 2010 issue of Let's Get Soapy.  Click here.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Art-addict said...

Your soap is great))
I'm trying to do sth beautiful, but I think, sth wrong with it(( You can see them on my page) Sorry my English, I'm Russian)))

And I would be happy to see you on my blog)