Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Welcome to the Land of Milk and Honey



Yesterday was my first official day of maternity leave and I'm so excited! I was inspired by the freedom I am feeling and made these "Heavenly Soap Bars." They're a classic example of me going overboard on handcut elements, but they capture how I'm feeling pretty well! Plus they're scented with a new fragrance called "Milk and Honey" that my husband can attest to actually smelling like honey (he's really tough, too!). I have 2 left right now, and they're already gift boxed, so snap 'em up! :)

My due date is Oct. 27, but I have a feeling I'll be early. So I'm madly cleaning and organizing the house trying to get ready. I'll also be taking naps whenever the urge hits me, since that's the reason I split work early anyway. Being exhausted and stuck behind a desk is the worst combination!!

Yesterday was really nice spending more time with Sequoia (my 2 year old) and getting some things done during his nap. I'm going to finish packing orders and also make some more soaps that I've been wanting to try for a long time (hint: my first stab at a toy-in-a-soap).

If you want anything for Christmas gifts from my Etsy shop, I strongly recommend getting them now since I have no idea what I'll be doing after the baby arrives!

2 comments:

lisa {milkshake} said...

Yay for maternity leave!

Those soaps are awesome.

A.Y. Daring said...

My gosh! I LOVE your soaps. They're more like art than something to scrub your dirty self with. I'm going to feel really bad about using mine when I finally buy it!