Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Garden Party Soaps!


A few days ago I received some new fragrances and one of them really stood out to me. It's called Tomato Leaf, from Bramblerry.

When I opened the bottle to take a sniff, I didn't know what to expect. I was immediately tickled by how much it reminded me of when I had the luxury of a garden and grew lots of wonderful tomatoes. Whenever I pruned them I enjoyed the sweet smell of fresh cut tomato vines, and that is what this scent reminds me of. Somehow it's even better than the real thing because it has a slight floral twist that would make it pleasant to enjoy by anyone - even someone who has never had the pleasure of growing their own tomatoes.

The design was inspired by the latest Anthropologie catalog, which is all about romantic gardens and the combination of prints. I used my favorite colorant which is Brambleberry's non-bleeding red. These striped polka dots will look just as great a month from now as they do today.

I'll be listing these in my Etsy shop today. Since they're only about 2" across I'm selling them for just $4.00 each. Considering how much time I put into making those striped dots, I think that's a pretty good deal! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great Blog! Just found it on Anne Marie's blog. You make great soaps!

Anne-Marie said...

These are very cute! And I see you just posted some new soaps on your Etsy page. I'm off to go gawk at them now! =)