Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Ladybug Soaps!


I just got these cool new ladybug molds from Brambleberry. They're so adorable! The dots on the wings are actually raised. I couldn't resist using my striped soap to create a "lovebug."

I have a whole mess of circle cutters so I got the ones closest in size to the raised dots and hand placed the striped soap into the spots after I filled up the mold with clear red. My fingers were totally caked with soap after I was done, and it was still hard to get the circles to line up, but that's the nature of handmade! :) The pink parts were actually made first - I made solid pink ladybugs, cut the heads and rear ends out, then put them back in the mold when I poured the clear red.

Anyways, they're scented with yummy Cherry fragrance and are available in my Etsy shop. I only have 3, so if you want one, snap 'em up! :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

These are absolutely adorable soaps!! Very very cute. I love em! Cherry is such a yummy smell too.

Bridget said...

Totally adorable! You are incredibly talent, these are little works of art :) love em!

Pajama Mama said...

SWEET! I love the ladybugs!!!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderfull !!!!