Monday, February 4, 2008

Doh!

As well as being an obsessed soapcrafter, I'm also a hopeless procrastinator. One thing I'm guilt of is not wrapping my soaps immediately after they're done. Usually this is fine - I wrap them before I ship them. But today I was packing some orders and saw that my Lovebug (ladybug) Soaps all had glistening beads of glycerin condensation on them. Doh!! That totally bites. But that's what happens sometimes, especially during humid weather (we just had a very rainy day, so there you go).

This condensation is strictly cosmetic and washes off the second it hits water. So I have marked down these very labor intensive soaps to $2.50 each in my Etsy shop.

Lesson learned: take the time and wrap your glycerin soaps... or else!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm the worst with procrastinating! Super cute soaps, though! :D

Anne-Marie said...

So sad... if you run a fan over the soap, they stay condensation free forever. Then again, the fan also takes away some of the shine of freshly made MP soap so mentally prepare yourself for that if you do try the fan method.

feto soap said...

You too?! I bought a sweet shrinkwrap setup from national shrink wrap last month at the HSMG Conference... no more bagging up my glycerin soaps - I just lay them out on one layer of the shrink wrap and the use the wand to seal the layers. It's awesome, I knew I wanted one since I saw their video last year. http://www.nationalshrinkwrap.shoppingcartsplus.com/page/page/4625592.htm