Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Those Red Devil Lye Soap Recipes I Mentioned

Hi everyone! For those of you who read my post last week about my grandma's soap recipe, I mentioned a brochure she sent me. I thought you might be curious about some soap recipes that Red Devil Lye was suggesting for "the thrifty housewife" to make. By the looks of it, I'm guessing it was published in the 60's or 70's.

So here is the recipe page of the brochure. If you click the image you will be able to read it and print if you like. And if you try the Fish Oil Soap recipe, please send me a bar! I'm sure scaring up 4 1/2 POUNDS of fish oil should be no problem. LOL!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a pretty cool find, some of the recipes on there were... intriguing.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I love old things like that. My sister gave me a reproduction of a 1950 cookbook and it is so fun to look at.

Thanks for sharing.