Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Video Tutorial and Class Dates!



If you're a regular Soapylove Daily Ditties visitor, you have read that I recently got a new Flip camcorder and am totally hooked! For my first real full-on movie, I have made a DIY Soap Party tutorial. And since this is a teaser for the Summer issue of Let's Get Soapy, if you leave a comment on this post or on the video at YouTube, you may be randomly chosen to win a free copy, available March 23!

Also, I have 2 soapmaking classes coming up! One is at the Nova Studio in Point Richmond, CA, on April 11. I'll be teaching how to use molds of all different kinds. Each student will be taking home lots of great molds and tools, and plenty of soaps you'll make right there! We had an awesome time when I taught the Bubbly Holidays and Sweet Treats classes in December, so don't miss this one! For more info, click here.


In July I will be at the Soapmaking Weekend Intensive in Bellingham, WA. I'll be teaching how to make Plaid Soaps and Soap Cookies, both of which will be in my new book coming out this fall. See the whole line up of teachers for this great weekend of bath and beauty bliss here. And if you've never been to Bellingham, you'll love this very charming and cool town! Hope to see you there!

15 comments:

Lori at The Nova Studio said...

what a fun video! everything you do looks bubbly and cheery. and the name "soapylove" couldn't be more perfect. can't wait to see you in april for more soapy fun!

The App Goddess said...

I love my Flip too! I've been doing a lot of vids with it lately. I used it to record the video for my Valentines Spa Party on my HomeSpaGoddess YouTube Channel

I had an online seminar about video lighting last summer. The vids are still up, you can check them out if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHSG

Looking forward to more videos

Anonymous said...

Videos are a great idea - make lots more! That way those of us who can't attend your workshops (I live in Australia) can get more of a hands-on idea of how you do your various techniques!

Anonymous said...

Great video. One additional tip I would like to recommend is for when you're working with kids and fragrance. I take a few paper towels, label them, and put a few drops of scent on each. (I learned to do this after a young lady dumped a full oz. of fragrance on herself while trying to decide which one she wanted...she was quite rosy!)

~Alice

CandleStudio Gatlinburg said...

U r such a cool chick! Thoroughly enjoyed your video & your blog:)

Brigette said...

Great Video. I look forward to the full video and your ezine. Hopefully I will be in Bellingham in July for your class.

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

I love your video! I watched it yesterday and it is great. The new little camera is cool too. I'm planning a soap party for our girl's night.

Lady Moritz said...

Debbie, I love that your using your new camera. Your such a great inspiration to all us indies. Keep up the great work! Gretchen

Armi said...

Great video, Debbie! Can't wait for you to do some videos showing your advanced techniques. Also looking forward to your next issue of "Let's get Soapy"!

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have done this when my daughter was young. We did all sorts of fun, crafty things but not this one.

~Jo~ said...

Great video, I guess it's time for me to try soap making again! ;-)

Lori Stoia said...

Love the plaid soaps! I really want a digital camera so I can take some pictures and add them to my blog.

luxielou said...

I really enjoyed your video and tutorial. I'm looking forward to your book.

luxielou said...

I really enjoyed your video and tutorial. I'm looking forward to your book.

Tammy said...

Great video-very well done. Also, I love your shirt-are you selling those?? I would love to get one :)
Thanks for sharing, I cant wait to get the summer edition of the magazine.