Monday, June 15, 2009

Check Out What Just Drove Out of Soapyland!


Ever since I saw a great post about a Swarovski-encrusted Mercedes on The Crafty Chica Blog, I've been dying to make a soap car. Like many of my soap projects, it took me months to finally decide on all of the details. When I saw a fist-sized Mini Cooper toy at Rite Aid, I knew I found my muse.

This is just a fun personal project. It wasn't for any reason - just to see how it would come out. I got some molding putty and cast a silicone mold, then layered, embedded, remolded, and painted until it came out right. (The tires are actually part of the soap bar - not made separately!) It's scented with Green Apple fragrance. Oh, and this was my 3rd one! Glad that's over with!

Would you like to hear the blow-by-blow of how I made this? Check out my post at the Teach Soap Forum here.

I hope you like it! :)

13 comments:

Cathe said...

That is amazing details you put in there, Debbie!

Tanya said...

You did a Fantastic Job! Love it!

Regina said...

ooooooo oooo ooooo we are talking perfect for father's day. I can't wait to order and tell my hubby I got him a mini! HA!

Tammy said...

OMG, I LOVE the license plate!
This is adorable!

Amy W said...

I think that's what inspired me to do a CP Watermelon Soap - just to see if I could. Your creation is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Fresh! Good job - amazing details :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much you guys! I'm so glad you like it! Painting the details on really made a big difference. I just diluted silver mica with a few drops of liquid glycerin and painted the soap. Easy!

Regina - sorry but this is a OOAK!

Amy W - I checked out your watermelon CP soap and it's so awesome! Wow!

Donna Maria @ Indie Business said...

You are more than amazing. My son would fight you for that car, and then he would fight me for making him take a bath with it. LOL! Your creativity and the discipline you have to exercise it is impressive indeed. What's next? The Great Wall of China?

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

that car rocks! I agree the detail is out of this world :)

Brigette said...

That is awesome. How fun!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks both AWESOME and extremely labor intensive! (Just my kind of project!) I can see why this one's OOAK!

Cibaria Soap Supply said...

These are too cute!

Your details are definitely great - I can't believe it's soap!

Bauter Babble said...

As a Mini Cooper owner...I LOVE IT!!!! I think I may just have to make one myself! Just darling!!!