Monday, June 15, 2009

Check Out What Just Drove Out of Soapyland!


Ever since I saw a great post about a Swarovski-encrusted Mercedes on The Crafty Chica Blog, I've been dying to make a soap car. Like many of my soap projects, it took me months to finally decide on all of the details. When I saw a fist-sized Mini Cooper toy at Rite Aid, I knew I found my muse.

This is just a fun personal project. It wasn't for any reason - just to see how it would come out. I got some molding putty and cast a silicone mold, then layered, embedded, remolded, and painted until it came out right. (The tires are actually part of the soap bar - not made separately!) It's scented with Green Apple fragrance. Oh, and this was my 3rd one! Glad that's over with!

Would you like to hear the blow-by-blow of how I made this? Check out my post at the Teach Soap Forum here.

I hope you like it! :)
Post a Comment