Monday, November 17, 2008

Mmmm... felty!

I LOVE felt food. My Soap Tarts were totally inspired by a felt version of Pop Tarts I saw on Etsy. There is a great feature today on Etsy Storque showcasing many beautiful felt food creations from Etsy. Check that out here.

I glanced at the comments and saw a great shop name: JustFeltHungry. The name alone made me want to see more. So I looked and boy, was I in for a treat! It was eye candy galore! And then when I saw these felt candy sticks I almost died from the cuteness. They're $10 each, which makes sense considering all of those swirly stripes are hand stitched!

If you're thinking of making a purchase in her shop, I think the Tea Party Pastries are an incredible value. For $20 you get 5 hand sewn cookies. They're so beautiful!

JustFeltHungry's profile says,
I am a stay-at-home mom of one little boy. I started creating Felt Food for my 18 month-old son. But since he was still too young to play with it, I decided to offer it on Etsy. And then I made more ... and more ...

My goal is to make play food that can really be played with: I make it strong enough to be handled by little hands without tearing or coming apart (within reason). This is why I sew around all edges and often double or triple-layer the felt.

I also want my food to be educational: I try to offer original, exotic and colourful items which can teach children to eat and cook a healthy and varied diet. But I also sell a few pastries, cookies and rashers of bacon!

Support handmade this holiday season. You just can't find this amount of love and thoughtfulness in Wal-Mart! :)

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Beautiful and drool worthy. I love the artistry and cute-factor in these. =)

Cécile said...

Thank you for featuring my gourmet felt food on your lovely blog!

SingingWolf said...

These are lovely! Going to have to find her on Etsy and see what else she has. My sister would frown if I gave my nephew nothing but "sweets"...