Thursday, April 3, 2008

Simplifying My Life


So today, like on many days, my husband came home between appointments (he's an acupuncturist) and I madly started running around trying to pack orders, create shipping labels, and help with the kids while he grabbed a bite to eat. He said, "Deb - how can I help you?" and I pointed to some soaps for him to pack. He started looking for the packing materials, but I was out of bubble wrap and he'd have to go down to the garage to get more.

Long story short - since I've become a "WAHM" it's been very hard juggling all of my priorities. I want to have an Etsy shop but the process of sending out small orders all through the week (even though I try to do 2 days a week, I always seem to send them out a day late) really stresses me out. When I'm rushing around like today, I start to get frustrated and down on my situation. I vented to Jim and he said, "why don't you just focus on wholesale orders?" So I am.

I just changed my Etsy listings to bulk orders which I will only ship on Mondays. This allows me to make soaps in quantities and plan better. I'm going to do some photo shoots of party tables with the soapsicles as a center piece to encourage party purchases. We'll see how it goes! :)
Post a Comment