Friday, October 24, 2008

Thingsicles - My Favorite Things on Sticks!

As you can imagine, I find myself attracted to things on sticks. Making soapsicles has given me an appreciation for how sticks seem to make anything more charming! So, in my compulsive internet surfing, I've come across some other people making things-on-sticks that I just had to share with you!

First, let me introduce you to Bakerella. She has combined 2 of the best smile-makers into one amazing edible creation - Cupcake Pops! Bakerella is not a secret. She's even been on Martha. I read her blog and am floored by the cool variations of this idea that she is constantly posting. But what is really cool about Bakerella is that she teaches you how to make them, too! Check out the Bakerella site for recipes, entertaining posts about baking, contests, and baking supplies. It's so great!

Next is my super favorite candy site called Lollyphile. It is a small San Francisco based company that is just one year old and has made quite an impression with their Absinthe and Maple-Bacon Lollipops! They even have a new flavor called Wasabi-Ginger. Their goal is to "make the most interesting and unique lollipops in the world." I admit - I haven't ordered any for myself yet, but their pops would make an amazing gift for those hard-to-shop-for types!

Lastly, my ultimate favorite for total color and sweetness inspiration is the classic Whirlypop. These psychedelic and totally happy rainbow lollipops have set the standard for color on a stick. Plus you can get them in enormous 8" diameter versions! Search "Whirly Pops" and you'll find lots of online shops that sell them. This beautiful photo is by Sofia Kateriina on flickr.
Now that I've poured my heart out about things on sticks, are there any that you think I missed or that you'd like to share, too? Please comment here and tell me about your favorite stick-suspended creations. Thanks!

2 comments:

Lexus Events said...

All of those are just too cute.

Anne-Marie said...

Love the unique adult suckers. It's certainly taking the adult tequila/worm suckers to an entirely new sophisticated level.