Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Need Your Input About Soap Melters!

Original photo from Pop38/ on Flickr.

I'm working on a little side project and need to source several soap melters. The problem is that I have never used one and there are so many options on the market! The prices vary so much and so do the features. Here are the criteria for the melters I need (which are probably what every soap maker wants):

Appropriate for melt and pour soap (uncolored and unscented).
Safe and reliable.
Holds an even temperature.
At least 10 gallon capacity (I think, although I'm open to other sizes)

Since I'm still new to this type of thing I'm sure there are other features that are important but I have no idea! Please comment here and educate me. Have you ever used one? What company was it from? What did you like or dislike about it? How much did it cost? What other things should I know?

Thanks so much!
Post a Comment