Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tutorial video: Fun and Simple Soap Balls

Hi there!  Before I was bitten by the glycerin soap crafting bug, I fell in love with rebatch soap making.  Rebatch is a method of using cured CP soap (CP means "cold process" which is the most common way soap is made from scratch). Rebatch is great because you don't need to handle lye.

I can tell I'm already rambling, so let me get to the point.  I made soap balls!  It's easy and fast!  Here's a quick video showing how to do it.



So now I can ramble. Rebatch is typically recooked soap (since I didn't cook my grated soap, maybe it's more like recycled soap.  I don't know.  Don't call the soap police on me).  If you don't have any CP soap scraps laying around you can buy grated, unscented soap online that's made just for this purpose.  Since it's unscented you can add your own additional ingredients like essential oil, exfoliants such as ground luffa or oatmeal, moisturizers like aloe vera, and even colorants.  If this interests you, head over to The Soap Queen for this great video about rebatch soapmaking and links to lots of supplies.  Have fun!

2 comments:

Lori at The Nova Studio said...

These soap balls turned out beautiful, Debbie! I always enjoy your video tutorials :)

Donna Maria @ Indie Business said...

Fun! Your balls are so nice and round. I can never get mine to be really round, they are always off. Maybe I need to channel my inner 5 year old better ... :)